Audit Associate - ExperiencedApply
- Location: Boston, MA; Providence, RI
- Required Years of Experience: 2+ year experience in public accounting
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Travel: Daily travel to client locations locally, opportunities for overnight travel
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Accounting and Auditing
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Supervisor to join our team in our Providence or Boston Office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top 100 accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As an experienced Associate on our Audit Team, you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work closely with colleagues on a variety of assignments for clients of the Firm. Our audit engagements are in many industries including: manufacturing, distribution, technology, life sciences, retail, hospitality, real estate, healthcare and non-profit. We also audit 80+ EBPs, and to a lesser degree, perform due diligence, projection, AUP, and review engagements. Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a general understanding of each client’s business
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing, with a focus on for-profit and non-profit clients in the industries mentioned above
- Preparing working papers/document testing performed on assigned areas
- Understand relationship of accounts/accounting to identify areas of concern
- Interact with the engagement team and client frequently to obtain/provide information
- Self-starter and a team player with the ability to multi-task
- Assist with special projects
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master's degree preferred
- CPA or CPA track
- 2+ years prior experience in public accounting
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in use of computers and applicable software programs
- Detail-oriented, fast learner
- Collaborative team player
- Strong work ethic and ability to operate in a fast paced environment
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which may include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.