Tax Supervisor - Private Client Services (PCS)Apply
- Location: Boston, MA
- Required Years of Experience: 3+ years accounting experience in public accounting
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Travel: No
- Relocation: No
- Job Industry: Public Accounting
- Department: Tax
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Supervisor to join our Tax team in our Boston Office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top 100 accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a Supervisor on our Tax Team, you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work on clients of the Firm. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
- Work on engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.); participate in technical and strategic reviews as a member of the engagement team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Prepare or review complex tax returns including partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts, estates, and foundations
- Own client work assigned for completion
- Strategize with Managers regarding tax planning
- Research tax issues and providing guidance to other staff assigned to engagement
- Work closely with less-experienced staff, and assist management in mentoring,coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrate support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience prior experience in public accounting
- CPA, Enrolled Agent (EA), or someone who is in the process of qualifying for such certification is a must
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated project management skills
Proficient use of applicable technology
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.